December 5, 2013

A Fresno Thanksgiving

This year marked our second Thanksgiving together as husband and wife! And it marked our second year in Fresno for Thanksgiving!  A new and much loved tradition. Tyler and I love our Fresno family and we love every weekend spent with them. This Thanksgiving Tyler's mom came to see us and Tyler took extra days off so we were able to spend 5 days in Fresno!
Our Thanksgiving was filled with PIE, the best pie ever! A bonfire, an outdoor movie, amazing food, crafts and wonderful time with family. Let's go back to the pie, because I'm not actually a big fan of pie. But this pie is amazing! I'm not even sure what to call it... it has a layer of cheesecake on the bottom... so cheesecake pumpkin pie. It is so good!
We went to Yosemite. I love national parks and this was more first time in Yosemite. I decided that the word Yosemite is weird and I'm not sure why we pronounce it the way we do... I kind of think is should be pronounced phonetically...
We stopped and picniced at this little country church and I learned that I have officially physically acclimated to Southern California weather... I'm such a wimp now when it comes to the cold. Sad.
We ate, we walked around, checked out the inside of the church, and this little bird put on a fashion show for some food. No joke, he perched, fluffed up his feathers and once we tossed him a morsel he was gone. He knows what he's doin.
We finished up the day stopping by this really fantastic hotel and ice skating. I can't remember the name of the hotel... good job me... but I'm 100% sure I saw it on PBS. I was "that person" who walked around and said numerous times, "I saw this on PBS" over and over again. Apparently I wanted to get my point across. Pictured below is Tyler's Mom and Uncle Dave... oh yea, and that's me in the middle...
I knew this would be your favorite picture of all. Lets just say NO ONE looks good ice skating, unless you're actually a figure skater. And look at that, two coats. What can I say, Southern California will do that to ya.

*Update: P.S. The name of the hotel was Ahwahnee. Tyler reminded me.*

22 comments:

  1. Haha, I loved that little PBS anecdote. I would have done the same thing. :)

    That bird is the cutest. We've been seeing a lot of cardinals in our yard lately, and I get so excited when they perch somewhere long enough for me to admire them.

    Wonderful photos! It looks like you guys had such a lovely little holiday break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The PBS anecdote is so many! I'm always that person. :)

      Delete
  2. You are so cute!! These pictures are gorgeous!! Thank you for sharing! I want some of that PIE!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eden! The PIE was so good, and I'm not even a pie fan!

      Delete
  3. I just loved this!!! LOVE that bird!!! And you skating- priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had an amazingly wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!!! You're absolutely adorable! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, these photos are amazing (including the one of you ice skating!). :) I am in love with the bonfire photo (loooove it) as well as the photos of Yosemite and the photo of you and your sunglasses' reflection. So many great photos to remember such a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE these pictures!! Yosemite is amazing as is the Awahnee!! Love that place:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ogoodness! Yosemite was so great and I loved the Awahnee! It was so unique!

      Delete
  7. LOL!!! Yessss at that last picture! I've never been ice skating. It's on my to do list this winter season. I'm sure my picture will be of me laid out on the ice like a snow angel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So funny! So glad you liked it! Ice Skating is the weirdest feeling... I always feel like I'm going to fall over.

      Delete
  8. I live in New York, so i've always a cold snowy holiday--I'd love to have a warm one just once :) Gorgeous scenery & the sunglasses photo is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss the snow! I used to live in Missouri and we're traveling back for the holidays so I'm hoping for a white Christmas. I totally understand the allure for Southern California weather. :)

      Delete
  9. Love your pictures Sweetie. You most assuredly had a grand holiday. Be prepared for home, it has been very cold:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, what a beautiful place to spend the holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so beautiful and peaceful! We loved it!

      Delete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...