December 27, 2013

Do You Want to Get On the Roller Coaster?

Scenario: You and a friend go out to coffee. Your friend can't wait to tell you about the most amazing roller coaster. The roller coaster was so amazing that she can't even put into words how amazing it was. She has never been on a roller coaster like this one. She tells you that you can't actually see the roller coaster from the line, you simple have to get on. She enjoyed the experience so much that she is bursting at the seams to tell you about it and she can't wait for you to experience it for yourself.

What do you think? Would you get all the roller coaster? 

I have something to tell you. This is how I feel about my relationship with Jesus. There is no other experience like it and I often can't put into words how amazing it is, but all I want to do is to try to figure out a way to share it with you, so you can experience it to.

I'm not always great with words and often times I feel speechless on how to share with you about Jesus, but that is what I want to do, I want to share with you my experience. And I really like the roller coaster scenario. No matter what roller coaster you ride, there is almost always a line, you have to be so many feet tall, you should take your hat off ... or lose it, you should sit on your flip flops, you have to be fastened in... so forth and so on. All of these guidelines are set in place for you to have the most amazing roller coaster ride experience of your life... you know... without falling out. And getting on a roller coaster is a huge leap of faith. You have no idea how it will really be like, you can only go based of the experience and stories of others. And you know what's even more amazing... while the roller coaster is the same, everyone will experience it a little different. All that to say that my relationship with Jesus is the most amazing experience I have ever had... I want to be able to share it with you.

9 comments:

  1. This is awesome. So true. I used to feel like something was wrong when there were ups and downs, but your picture of a roller coaster is such a great picture of this relationship with Jesus! Thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this comparison! it's so true. one thing i love about our relationships with Jesus is that we all experience it a little differently. i think it's those differences that help us to encourage one another to grow in various areas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this may be the best analogy i've ever heard! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great description - there are so many ups and downs, but that doesn't make it any less amazing. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great way to describe it! A releationship with Jesus is the most fulfilling, love-lasting relationship ever!

    ~Katy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an amazing analogy! I'm definitely not a roller coaster girl (only because I get motion sick and am afraid of heights) but as you said, being afraid to get on a roller coaster is a lot like being afraid to step out and trust God. Thank you so much for this analogy! It's definitely going to change how I view roller coasters from now on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is a really great post Samantha! Really unique way of putting your feelings and thoughts into words!

    ReplyDelete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...