November 18, 2013

Pumpkin Cake Doughnuts

I'm a huge fan of doughnuts. They are one of my favorite desserts. My favorite are cake doughnuts... buy me cake doughnuts and we will be friends forever. The holidays bring such sweet traditions and I have been trying to build some new traditions for Tyler and I. So I've been determined to come up with some dessert traditions. Enter the Pumpkin Doughnut. First off, who knew you could make doughnuts at home? When I figured this out I knew I had to get my hands on a doughnut pan... which I didn't even knew existed until I kept coming across doughnut recipes on Pinterest. Hello, I was pinning doughnut recipes like a boss!



These doughnuts are ridiculously good and relatively easy to make. I was practically jumping up and down in my kitchen when I pulled these out of the oven. I will probably start baking up doughnuts every weekend now... okay, not really but I like the idea.

Pumpkin Cake Doughnuts: Adapted from King Author Flour (e.i. I followed this recipe to a T. I couldn't risk these doughnuts not coming out perfectly, not being my first time making doughnuts. We'll leave the experimenting for another day.)

Ingredients: 
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 3/4 cups + 2 tablespoons flour

Method:
Preheat oven to 350ยบ.  Mix everything together, EXCEPT flour. Once mixture is smooth add flour and mix well. Spray doughnut pan with cooking spray. Fill doughnut pan wells about 3/4 full. Bake for 15 minutes. Let doughnuts cool for a few minutes, once they are cool enough to handle gently toss doughnuts in a bag with cinnamon and sugar (1/4 cup sugar to 1 tablespoon cinnamon.) ENJOY!


P.S. Linking up tomorrow with Ashley & Jessica for Taste of Tuesday.

Follow on Bloglovin

30 comments:

  1. Oh. Em. Gee. Those look so good! I wonder if you can use self-rising flour and get a good result?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can! The original recipe includes some tidbits about that. :)

      Delete
  2. so yum!! i haven't invested in a pan either but i probably should! i want donuts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was kind of nutty about getting one. I kept telling Tyler that I had to have one... I was looking them up on amazon, and then happy day, I got one for my birthday! You should definitely get one! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, these look so good!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, the added cinnamon and sugar are one of my favorite parts.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. They are so good! And so easy! You should try them. :)

      Delete
  5. my mouth is watering. those.look.so.good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omgoodness, I hope you try them, they are so delicious!

      Delete
  6. Looks AMAZING!! I am definitely going to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know you could make donuts at home either - nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! And they are so good! I can't wait to make other kinds!

      Delete
  8. I'm a huge fan of donuts too! This makes me want some for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should make them! I made these on a Sunday afternoon and was thinking they would be awesome for breakfast!

      Delete
  9. Yum yum! I'm really debating getting a donut pan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should get one! I will probably be making doughnuts all the time now!

      Delete
  10. that. looks. 100%. divinely. delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They 100% are! You should try them! They are my favorite and I love that I can make them at home!

      Delete
  11. I've wondered if getting a donut pan was worth it, but seeing PUMPKIN donuts? Oh how I love all things pumpkin. Would you be willing to post this on the Family Friday Link-Up at Missy Homemaker today? (I found you through the Blog Strut.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my doughnut pan! I think it is the coolest thing ever! I all want to do is make doughnuts now.

      Delete
  12. Looks cute and good for this seasons when pumpkin is in great produce. Thanks for joining 4 seasons blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! These are my favorite! So glad to be able to join! :)

      Delete
  13. These doughnuts look tasty! I have never tried pumpkin flavored ones. I would like to try them. Thank you for sharing!
    Stopping by from "Family Friday" link up. Following you on Bloglovin and Twitter.
    Have a great day :)
    Bismah @
    http://simplemamaathome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so good and easy! Hope you give them a try!

      Delete
  14. I never heard of a doughnut pan before! Awesome! Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing on Family Friday Link-Up Party!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should get one! I'm 100% obsessed with mine! :)

      Delete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...