November 14, 2013

Painted Fingers & Painted Sticks

Sometimes it's good to create just to create. There doesn't have to be a specific objective, just get creative, experiment with different things and different styles. Have fun! A couple months or so ago two of my friends came over and we decided to paint some sticks. I thought it would be fun to do some kind of art thing with painted sticks. I didn't really have any idea how I wanted to paint the sticks, which was hard, but I just started painting and it was a lot of fun.
A really great thing about being friends with artist and having a husband that is an artist is that there are always art supplies available. I loved pulling out all of Tyler's paints and seeing all the paint just piled up all over the table. Something I have had to learn with paint is to use it sparingly. I used to want to just squeeze out a bunch, but over time, I learned that that was super wasteful and paint's not cheap... so only use a little bit at a time.
One of my favorite things about artists is that they are all so humble. There have been times were I'm intimated by them, but they are always so encouraging.
So get out there and create, just for the sake of creating! Paint something, craft something, draw something, write something... just create.

Follow on Bloglovin

10 comments:

  1. so great! your painted sticks are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Friend! It was kind of hard at first, but ended up really fun! I highly recommend it! :)

      Delete
  2. ps: i love your new design. you are so great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you! It's always a work in progress.

      Delete
  3. What a fun idea! Sometimes I love just doing a craft for the heck of it so see where it takes me:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, absolutely! It's so great to just get creative juices flowing!

      Delete
  4. I love this!!! This makes me want to go home and paint something!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes! create for the sake of creating. you don't have to be "good" at it, but it is good FOR you! :) love this. all that paint makes me want to craft!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, agreed! Creating is so good for us! A friend of mine always talks about how freeing painting is. And she always says there a no mistakes, just happy little accidents.

      Delete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...