November 7, 2013

His Purpose, His Will, His Glory

Hi! Didn't think I was going to be here today, did you? Surprise! I actually had a post all prepared for today, but as I looked over it  I decided I just wasn't feeling it. My birthday has been so lovely and it's not over yet! Our weekend was filled with decorating for Christmas, Birthday shopping, and good food. Tuesday was an exciting day of list making and a super fun giveaway! Tuesday evening Tyler and I ate tons of Chinese food, a birthday tradition of mine and then I spent the evening watching Bruce Almighty - a great reminder that Jesus knows best what we need and want better then ourselves. He knows what we will do best at because He created us. 

And then yesterday I decided to take the day off and rest. Jesus wanted me to step away from the blog and the shop and remember some of my other joys. He reminded me of so many things yesterday. I spent the first couple of hours watching the Gilmore Girls and drinking hot tea... it was so lovely. I then spent the afternoon cleaning the apartment which was great fun. For the most part I'm always "picking" up the apartment, but yesterday I vacuumed, dusted, mopped, organized, and de-cluttered. Our office had turned a little bit into a pit and it was in desperate need of some love. I threw things away, put things away, gave things away, and hung some fun new lanterns.
Jesus reminded me of how much I enjoy doing "wifey" things. I always new I wanted to be a wife and I find great joys in wife tasks. Jesus reminded me that that is my favorite job of all. Jesus took the day to remind me that everything I do is for, His Purpose, His Will, and His Glory. I needed that reminder. I had fallen into some tunnel vision with mine and Tyler's goals and Jesus took the day to refocus my heart.

One of my goals for this year is to write down 5 things I'm grateful everyday... here are yesterdays.
1.) The sweet surprise our good friends left on our desk last night.
2.) Taking time away from the blog and shop.
3.) Having time to clean the office.
4.) All the sweet gifts and cards that came in the mail.
5.) Heartfelt conversions with Tyler.

P.S. Tuesday I spent all day unable to decide on what kind of birthday dessert I wanted. This weekend will be spent baking birthday desserts.


Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. Such a great post! I do this also, get wrapped up in blogs and stores and forget to stop and smell the roses, or watch the Gilmore Girls and enjoy tea! And I love the lanterns! How did you manage to hang them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessy! Oh yes, it's so easy for me to get wrapped up in work, but when I slow down and refocus I feel so much better! We got the lanterns and the hanging device thingys from Ikea. They are hung from those little hooks that screw in the wall and the the light hangs from a special S hook... hope that helped. :)

      Delete
  2. Look out now, this is my first time to comment here. I have read many just never took the time to comment. You see it forces me to collect my thoughts and put them down in such a way that they make since to read, so here goes. It is precious to have such a marvelous window to you heart, your spirit, your focus, and your thoughts. I do enjoy reading your blog, it helps me to feel connected to you. I have missed you so. God is so good. We just have to be willing to listen. I know above all things you enjoy taking care of Tyler and you do an awesome job:) Love You

    ReplyDelete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...