November 22, 2013

Expectation & Mini Prayer Book


One afternoon I was sitting reading my Bible and writing in my journal. My  journal carries lots of thoughts... prayers, verses, hopes, fears, hurts... That afternoon I was praying for Tyler, he had had a super busy week at work and I wanted to cover him in prayer. That moment got me thinking about how I would like to pray more intentionally for Tyler. I remembered reading Elizabeth's post about praying for her husband and so began my hunt to find references for praying. I found this, this, this, and this. I wanted my mini prayer book to be a resource for me to turn to and pray about specific needs for Tyler.

This mini ring book is super easy. Supplies needed; note cards, decorative paper, latch ring, hole, punch, letter stencils, a sharpie, and ribbon. 1.) write prayers on note cards. 2.) hole punch note cards and decorative paper. 3.) stencil letters on decorative paper. You don't have to use stencils, but sometimes my hand writing doesn't turn out that pretty. 4.) hole punch holes for the ribbon to close the book. 5.) attach ring and ribbon.



What I love most about this mini book is that it was easy and that I can add whatever I want to it. I picked out a handful of prayers I found from the resources listed above and I'm looking to add more. So with all this lovely prayer talk I wanted to chat a little bit about Expectation. Kenzie's Thankful Project prompt for today was expectation. These always seem to throw me for a doozy and they always seem to bring my focus to Christ. I think the word thankful does that for me. I thought about the word expectation and the first thing that came to mind was Jesus' return. I'm thankful for the hope and expectation of his return.

Follow on Bloglovin

12 comments:

  1. this is such a great idea! i did the 31 days of prayer by Nancy Leigh DeMoss also, and have planned on doing it at least twice a year. but....this is super great! i love that you set it up to always add things to the book & i love the fact that you'll always have it as a reference! :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robyn! I looked through the 31 days of prayer... so good! Yes I was definitely wanting something I could had to and always reference for everyday life. :)

      Delete
  2. This is great! I've been thinking a lot about being more intentional in my prayers for John. Perfect timing and fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I want to see yours if you make one because I have a feeling it will be super awesome!

      Delete
  3. This is an amazing idea! What a blessing that we are able to pray for others. That's truly something I need to work on. Maybe I'll make a book like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do! It's actually really helpful at helping me remember to pray intentionally too because I always see it just laying around.

      Delete
  4. I love this. I actually have been wanting to make myself a ring of my favorite Bible verses. This is lovely. One thing I've been trying to do more is be intentional about praying for Jordan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should make one and then share it with us! I would love to see it!

      Delete
  5. Prayers for our husbands are SUPER important! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christina! Yes, I loved putting this together!

      Delete
  6. This is a very worth while project. These kind of tools help us to focus our thoughts. God tells us to pray with expectancy and be specific. So when prays are answered we don't miss them and we can keep track of them. This is a tool that in turn builds a faith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I love that it helps me to always focus on God and trust in his provision .

      Delete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...