October 3, 2013

Trust & Struggles

Sometimes I dread writing posts. Not because I don't enjoy blogging or anything like that, but because writing is hard. Maybe it's not hard for all of us, but for me the writing part is hard. I would much rather just jump in here and start rambling about nothing then to have to focus my thoughts. I've been thinking about this post for a while, because the whole TRUST business effects how I operate in so many different levels.

When I quit my job it took all the trust and courage I could muster. I felt as if I was going against the world. I quit my job which meant I would have no insurance, or vacation pay, or sick leave, or any kind of income. Our finances were about to take a huge hit. To the rest of the world I was nuts. I knew that the only way I would make it was wholeheartedly trusting Jesus and 100% knowing that he would show up. I wasn't sitting there thinking, "oh, okay, he might show up." No, I was believing without a doubt that he would show up. Because I knew that all he wanted me to do was trust him, so I did.
Do you know what happened? He showed up! In big, huge, crazy, amazing, supernatural ways. Long story short, when we stepped out in faith, He showed up. He provided for us in huge financial ways that we couldn't have imaged. He provided financing for travel, he provided financing for AnimSquad. Oh and guess what?... I have insurance again! Husband and I knew that Jesus couldn't move in our lives unless we were willing to step out in faith and so that's what we did. And do every single day. Everything we think is crazy or scares us... we step out in faith.
But do you want to know something I have been struggling with. I struggle with trusting Jesus to define my value, my self worth. I'm always trying to define my value by something else; the amount of page views I have, the number of comments, the social media following. All that stuff; it's a big fat lie, and when I believe that lie I feel empty. Yuck! Kickin' that lie to the curb!

My value is found in Jesus and nothing else. My value isn't found in being a blogger, or a seamstress, or a photographer or anything else. My value is found in Jesus.  

Have you struggled with that lie? Let's pray for one another. Let's pray for victory and complete wholeness in Jesus. He is our self worth, He holds our precious value in him. Nothing can take that away.

Follow on Bloglovin

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth! These posts are sometimes hard to write, glad to know it's appreciated! :)

      Delete
  2. I have recently taken the same leap of faith and he def hasn't allowed me to drown!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You go girl! Leaps of faith are so tough sometimes, but Jesus is always faithful!

      Delete
  3. I think we all have this struggle. It's awesome to see how God provides, though. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This has been an on going struggle for me and it seems to present itself it different things at different times. I love focusing on the word to overcome the lies.

      Delete
  4. Jehovah Jireh. The Lord provides. He always does. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Thank you! Yes! Absolutely always providing!

      Delete
  5. Yes yes yes. Amen. You said it, lady. Jesus is the only one we should be finding our value in, but it is so easy to seek elsewhere. Thank you for the reminder to stay focused and lean solely on Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so easy for me to fall into and I have to work at it often. So in love with how Jesus guides me patiently!

      Delete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...