October 7, 2013

Nerds Saving the World


Where to start... Okay... Last Saturday, Pasadena, Gallery Nucleus. The Art of Cloudy with a Chance of Meat Balls 2 panel and book signing. Phew, that seemed like a mouth full... Favorite line from the day, "I just love a story about nerds saving the world."

We ventured in and through Pasadena, which was beautiful. I hadn't been there before and I thought of my friend Megan who had told me how great it was. The panel consisted of 12 different artist, from directors, to story board artist, to matte painters, to animators. I'm bias so the animation part was my favorite. Plus, Kim Hazel was on the panel... she was an animator on the movie, so of course her part was my favorite. Side story, Kim worked at Nickelodeon with Tyler, then she moved to Canada to work for Sony on Cloudy 2.

The panel was really cool. It's one of those things that Husband loves to go to and I love to go with him, but sometimes they talk about things that are over my head... I'm not an animator... but it's great to see and learn about Husband's industry. Because I don't talk "industry speak" as we got the book signed I walked about asking people if they were married, or had kids, or dogs, or whatever other crazy thing I could think of. Found out that one of the artists had 3 dogs and 2 horses. Job well done on my part!


 
Don't you just love when nerds save the world?!

Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. How cool!! Sounds like a pretty fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eden! I hope you were able to find some rest in your crazy weekend! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. We had such a good time! It was really really cool! And a little bit over my head, but still great!

      Delete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...