October 17, 2013

Creativity + Marriage = Superheroes?

I had this idea... it went like this. "It would be fun to do a post about creative tips for marriage." That's about as far as it went. I wanted to write it and I wanted it to be really unique. You know, come up with really creative stuff. There are lots of great marriage tips out there, and more then likely we have all read them, right? And after thinking about a lot of them, I thought to myself, "what makes our marriage creative is US and the silliness that we bring to the madness." First I want to list two fundamental tips that are great for our marriage, 1) WE PRAY TOGETHER and FOR EACH OTHER 2.) COMMUNICATE.

Communicating is huge, right? Well, this is how we communicate... like superheroes. Okay, not all the time, but sometimes. During our first year of marriage during "important discussions" we found that it was easier to keep the mood light if we wore super hero masks, so that's what we did.
As you can see I am Thor and Husband is Captain America. Which is actually perfect for our personalities. Husband embodies the "good ol' boy," "all American," "do what is right," "honor and nobility." And I'm Thor, which basically means I'm a little dramatic about things and liked yelling for my hammer during our conversations.
I would highly recommend getting super hero masks for your marriage, because it's awesome! A couple of other things that make our marriage uniquely creative for us is this... We dream together. His dreams are my dreams and my dreams are his dreams. We are always running each other's race. We also love making creative decisions together. He is always helping with the blog, with design, with products, EVERYTHING, no joke. And when he is doing art or animation I'm always brought in for consult.

Last, we do everything together. We are really that couple that goes grocery shopping together and run every errand together. I go to everything art and animation related thing and he goes to whatever I've got going on. And we love every minute of it. He watches chick-flicks with me because he knows I like them. I watch man movies with him, because he knows I like them... wait. I really do like man movies. He even helps me pick out clothes, because let's be honest... he's better at it then I am sometimes.
What makes your marriage creatively unique?

P.S. I'm linking up with Mal today for The Boys Behind the Blog. Questions for Husband...
1. Describe yourself in 5 words. I try to be thoughtful, trustworthy, positive, obedient, and kind.
2. What is your biggest fear? Jaws (the movie not the Bond villain) actually sharks and also not doing enough.
3. What is your favorite candy? Gummy Savers, worms, bears, snack packs... also fruit.
4. What was the best Halloween costume you've ever worn? Blue Man Group guy. Actually shaved head and got blue paint in my eyes and ears. But it was fun!
5. Who is your favorite football team? Let's ask Ditka... DA BEARS!


Follow on Bloglovin

14 comments:

  1. Woot woot! Da Bears! Also... where can I get a mask like that?! I WANT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure to get the hammer too! Kids department from any dept. store. I think these came from Wal-Greens...

      Delete
  2. y'all are so cute!! happy for your marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO agree! We do every.single.thing.together. And if, for some reason, we can't. It pains us. We miss being together and experiencing even the mundane things, as a couple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes, yes! Tyler and I have even chatted about how we want to make sure we work to keep it that way. It's so important to us to make sure we do things together and continue to be each others best friend.

      Delete
  4. If my fiance and I dressed up I'd be batman and he'd be the hulk. I think it fits pretty well lol

    www.thecrackedlensblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun! Sometimes my husband jokes that maybe I should be Hulk!

      Delete
  5. Haha. Oh goodness, this is too awesome! I'm sure it definitely helps keep conversations lighter. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are the cutest EVER! I feel like I got to know you so much better reading this, I love those types of posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is the best. first, your husband's job is awesome. animation?? so great. also, i love that he supports you and your blog and shop. i laughed out loud when you said you wear your masks during important discussions. that is the greatest thing i've ever heard :) y'all sound like my kind of people. wish we could hang out in real life :)

    p.s. that pullover looks so comfy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg! Thanks! Yes, he's a CG animator and he is my biggest fan and dream believer! I wish we could hang out in real life too! That would be awesome!

      Delete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...