October 24, 2013

Creative Planters

Last week I shared about my mini indoor garden and how I wanted to plant in nearly everything but a regular planter. In my efforts to come up with creative planters Husband and I came up with this planter.

I have to tell you I never thought I would be making a planter out of an old peanut butter jar, but that is what that is. I was washing it for recycling and thought it might make a half way decent planter. Two reasons, it was plastic and we could drill holes in the button. It was pretty simple. We gathered twigs from outside, I grabbed my glue gun and went to town. This is a project you definitely want to do while watching a movie or something, because it takes a while to glue those twigs on. After all the twigs were glued on Husband clipped the bottoms off with fancy hedge clippers or something and then I polyurethaned the wood.

This has by far been the coolest planter I have ever made and probably the only one that actually works.  I would love to hear your ideas for creative planters. Share them with us!

Follow on Bloglovin

15 comments:

  1. This is so cool! I lve in an apartment so this mini planter would be perfect! What plant did you use in the picture?

    <3 Jamie
    sincerelymoietsy.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was inspired to create a mini garden because we live in an apartment too! It has been really fun and easy! The plant pictured is a pepper plant.

      Delete
  2. This planter is super cute!

    Caitlyn | engimaticambiance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. look at you recycling nature :) seriously, i love this. so creative, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this! i've been wanting to make something like this but never got around to it. i'm going to scour the yard for twigs now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I would love to hear how it turns out! :)

      Delete
  5. girl!!! these are so cute. and so natural!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love that it was all recycled materials too... minus the glue...

      Delete
  6. This is really cool. My husband and I go through so many jars it's not even funny. I love this idea for gift-giving even!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I hope you try it! They are great fun and so cute!

      Delete
  7. Cute little twig planter, love the rustic natural feel to this.
    Hugs, Lynnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynnie! It was so easy and it's probably one of my favorite planters!

      Delete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...