October 28, 2013

A little Style, a little Tea, and Some Shortbread Cookies

The smallest sign of cool weather has made me want hot tea. I wait and hope patiently for cool weather to grace us with its presence.

When Autumn began to shower the rest of the U.S. with cooler weather I saw so many fun Fall to-do lists. What great ideas they had! It got me thinking... It would be lovely to compile a Fall to-do list, but living where we live makes it kind of difficult. But I wasn't going to give up. I decided I would attempt making some Fall inspired desserts that I had never tried before.

One thing I can always count on is cool mornings. It may be 80º in the afternoon but the mornings are perfect weather for curling up with a blanket and hot tea. I decided my first Fall weather dessert would be Shortbread cookies; they would be perfect with hot tea.  I was inspired by this pin, but if you know me you know I can't just stick to the recipe. I've got to pull it apart, figure out if I can make it different, change it up a little. And that is what I did.

Shortbread Cookies - adapted from here and here

Ingredients:
1/2 Cup of Sugar
1 Cup (2 sticks) of unsalted butter
2 Cups of Flour
1/2 Teaspoon vanilla extract

Method:
Preheat oven to 350º. Mix together the butter and sugar. Add the vanilla. Add flour and mix together until mixture becomes dough like. If needed add 1 or 2 tbs of water... I had to do that to help make it more dough like. (As suggested by Dine & Dish) On a floured surfaced roll dough out and cut into desired shape. I used mason jar lids to cut my dough. Place on cookie sheet and bake 20 to 25 minutes.

For my first shortbread cookies I thought they turned out pretty well. I'm still in experimental mode with these cookies, so hopefully I'll keep tweeking the recipe until I get it exactly the way I want it.

Follow on Bloglovin

25 comments:

  1. I never knew shortbread cookies were so easy! Perhaps I should make some today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, absolutely! You should give them a try. :)

      Delete
  2. So nice to meet you!!
    I just found your blog! I am now following via Bloglovin!
    I look forward to keeping up!

    xo
    Christina
    Christinawhoblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for stopping by! So glad we're connecting!

      Delete
  3. a couple this:
    1. those cookies look lovely
    2. love me some black tea
    3. hello hottie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well hello there teeny tiny Scarlett O'Hara waist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read this and chuckled a little. Thank you, I think the skirt plays into the allusion of it's teenyness.

      Delete
  5. I don't like tea but this posts ALMOST makes me want a cup of tea and a cookie! P.s. I love love your outfit in this post. you're so dang cute and um...friggen skinny girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! Hot tea is one of my favorites! It's weirdly soothing to me.

      Delete
  6. i LOVE that skirt!!! and love your fall adventures, even if the weather isn't cooperating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your weather sympathize, let's house swap! :)

      Delete
  7. Girl, I hear you on the tea. I woke up this morning seriously craving gingerbread tea. I stock up on it like crazy every Christmas, so now I have a stash at my office to get me through the cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gingerbread tea!?! Sounds so good, I'll have to try it! Lately my mornings have been spent drinking English Breakfast tea, so so good.

      Delete
  8. Cookie are nice and all...but that skirt is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! My friend gave me this skirt and this was actually the first time I had worn it. It is now one of my favorites!

      Delete
  9. Stopping by from the Pleated Poppy! When it gets cold out here I like to drink lots of apple cider :) I love your skirt, it's so fun and perfect for fall!

    <3 Vicki
    wildeinthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband love apples cider! So glad we're connecting! By the way, that that bulldog sweater! So fun!

      Delete
  10. Oh, I love your skirt! And those cookies look delish :)
    I'm visiting from the WIWW linkup!
    Kitty & Buck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you stopped by! Thank you for your sweet compliments! Oh, yes, those cookies are so easy, you should give them a try! :)

      Delete
  11. Yum! And your outfit is adorable! I love it! I want/need a patterned skirt like that!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Aww, thank you! Patterned skirts are so fun! At first it was a little tricky to get it paired with something I love, but I'm so glad it came together!

      Delete
  12. I love shortbread cookies. Thanks so much for sharing them on Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop. In another week I am going to start a holiday cookie roundup. May I include this post of yours? Let me know!
    Blessings,
    Sinea
    Ducks ‘n a Row

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds wonderful! I would love to be included! Thank you!

      Delete
  13. Great post! I just found your from The Dwelling Tree's Blog Hop! I love Tuesdays!
    Have you ever used coconut sugar in this recipe or do you think it would be close to the same for someone trying to cut out regular sugar? They look soooo good either way (0:

    Love and Blessings,
    Lacy

    www.chosentheblog.com

    ReplyDelete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...