September 12, 2013

True Confessions

Has it come to that time in our relationship in which we purge all of our secrets and horrible habits? I think so, I'll go first.

1) I feel like I should probably point out the obvious first. I'm 100% sure you know what this will be. Here it comes... I can't spell, and I'm horrible at grammar. I even added a small disclaimer in my about me section for any new readers, just to give them a heads up. I've never been good at spelling or grammar. I was that kid in elementary school who stayed after school to try to figure it out. It obviously didn't stick. What makes this little thing about me even more hilarious is that my degree is in Public Relations. Which means I spent the majority of my college career writing papers, newspaper articles, magazine articles, press releases, biographical sketches, and putting together media kits, and I was good at it. Except for the grammar part. Copy-editing was offered and I avoided it at all cost. It's wasn't required so I refrained from the self-inflicting failure. I figure there are two types of people. People who are good at it and people are bad at it.
2) I'm a good crier. I'm not one of those people who shed a couple tears and call it good. If I'm going to cry, it's like the flood gates of my tear ducks open. My face turns red and my whole face swells up. Not just my eyes, the whole face; my eyes, my nose, even my lips. And I cry about everything, and by that I mean, that is how I deal with things. If I'm stressed out, I cry. If I'm tired, I cry. If I'm sad, I cry. If I'm anxious, I cry. You get the idea.

3) I love animals. I mean I love animals like crazy. I'm that person who likes all the animal rescues on Facebook, so everyday my Facebook news feed blows up with all the animals that need to be adopted or the latest story about something horrible that happened to an animal. I get really worked up about it and then sometimes I cry. I can't help it, I just love animals. I just want to save all the animals. I'll spare you all the stories I've read about animal cruelty. (Now, I will shamelessy post photos of me and the Zoe pup. Photos taken by my dear friend, Caitlin.)

4) I'm half micronesian, do you know what that is? Micronesia is a small group of islands nearest to Guam and the Philippines. My father is from the island of Chuuk. It's kind of confusing because the name of the island keeps changing. If you're interested in looking it up type in Weno, Chuuk. Anyways, my father moved to the states for college, where he and my mother got married, had two kids, and then shortly after divorced. Now, that's a different story for a different time.
5) I sing about life. When Husband and I got married he noticed that I sing about life all the time. And it's not like I make up these really great melodies. It's basically me singing something like, "We're having chicken for dinner, and I'm the best cook ever." For real, it's the best thing ever. I think you should try it. I just walk around all day singing random things about life. "We're going to the store today, and we're going to buy some groceries. I can't wait to buy some chocolate it will be awesome." Yep, good stuff, right?
All right, folks, now it's you're turn! Tell me some of your secrets, horrible habits, and true confessions! If I think of more crazy random facts, I'll do more of these True Confessions post, because I'm sure there are more.

Ready. Set. Go! 

Follow on Bloglovin

17 comments:

  1. Okay. I LOVE this post !!! Why ??? Because I think we have a lot in common! 1. I'm a terrible speller....like, really bad. I spell everything phonetically! Thank God for spell check. 2. I'm obsessed with animals...I too follow all the pet rescues on FB. In fact, we just adopted a new doggie from a rescue! 3. I THOUGHT I WAS SO ABNORMAL because, I too...sing about life. Just as you described...about whatever. My personal fav's are the songs I make up about the dogs. One of my favorites, even has a piano lick to go along with it...:)

    Thanks for sharing your true confessions! It's epic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome! I love that you just adopted a new dog rescue! And we're all a little abnormal, right? :)

      Delete
  2. Haha my post from yesterday mentions me singing about life! :) And I want to be the kind of person who loves animals but I hate being slobbered on. I try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like we all have it in us to sing about life! :) By the way, I loved your slobbered on comment! You can do it! :)

      Delete
  3. How fun is this post? I love learning new things about the bloggers I love and love your heart for animals. One of my sisters is a huge animal lover and actually prayed for out first dog (who ended up barking on our doorstep one night not too long after!). :) Is your dog a Heeler mix?

    And the crying one? I'm definitely a crier (and an easy one at that!). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got a surprise dog! Super fantastic! Zoe is a Heeler. Five generations from a Dingo, (said in a super hick voice.) Zoe is one of my mom's dog, whom I so lovely call mine. She was bred to be a legit cattle dog, but we don't have cattle so she just hangs out and snaps at flies.

      Also, Bob Goff is going to be at my church next week! I instantly thought of you when I found out!

      Delete
    2. That, we did! And now we're onto dog number two (border collie mix), who's almost the exact opposite of our first little dog!

      And that is so cool! You'll have to let me know how he is! I love his book and think he is such an inspiration. :)

      Delete
  4. I too love animals! Especially dogs! Yours is so cute! Is he a corgi? I have a welsh corgi ,2 rat terriers and 1 tiny sassy chihuahua.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zoe is a Blue Heeler. OmGoodness, I love that you have four fur babies! And a chihuahua, my Mom has a chihuahua and she is super sassy too.

      Delete
  5. Haha, love the singing through your day part. We totally do that in this house too. So funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that we are all coming out with our singing tendencies! Apparently, that's what all the cool kids do! :)

      Delete
  6. Aw! Singing part is adorable, and I cry a lot too lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crying is such a great emotional release, don't you think? It's kind of like once you cry it all out, everything is instantly better! :)

      Delete
  7. Do you watch New Girl? When you said you sing about life, it made me think of that show :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't watched it lately, which makes me sad! We don't get regular TV channels, because we're to cheap to buy a fancy antenna. Yep, were those people. We don't even have Netflix. I miss that show!

      Delete
  8. Your smile is radiant! :)

    XO. J.
    WWW.COFFEEANDHONEYCOMB.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha this is awesome! I wrote a post like this on my old blog (it's not up anymore) and seriously said some of the exact same things. Love if!

    ReplyDelete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...