September 20, 2013

The Inexpressible Comfort {photo challenge #4}

The comfort you feel with a person, how safe you are, the trust you have with them. The comfort of love, the comfort of sharing all your secrets with you best-friend.  No walls. Your worst, your best; shared together. A safe place to be challenged and pushed. A place to grow. Comfort.

Oh, the comfort - the inexpressible comfort of
feeling safe with a person,
Having neither to weigh thoughts,
Nor measure words - but pouring them
All right out - just as they are -
Chaff and grain together -
Certain that a faithful hand will
Take and sift them -
Keep what is worth keeping -
And with the breath of kindness
Blow the rest away.
- Dinah Maria Mulock Craik











 ... the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person...

How would you describe comfort?
 {linking up with Jenny today.}


Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. Keep what is worth keeping -
    And with the breath of kindness
    Blow the rest away.

    Love that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of my favorite poems! I love the feeling of unconditional love that it represents.

      Delete
  2. What a powerful post! Comfort is something I have bee striving to find in my day to day life. After I became a Mom, for one reason or another I began to yearn this more than ever, finding a place that feels comforting and doing things that make my soul sing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth! Thanks for stopping by! I'm so glad the post resonated with you. After moving to the west coast finding comfort was tough, but I'm always grateful to find comfort in my husband.

      Delete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...