September 30, 2013

She Went to The Emmys...

She went to The Emmys and I did her hair! This was one of those, "O' so cool!" moments. Did you know there are two Emmys? There are the Creative Arts Emmys and the Primetime Emmys. The Creative Arts Emmys are held the weekend before the Primetime Emmys. Random facts, I know.

Anyways, my friend Sunha and her husband Andres went to the Creative Arts Emmys! How stinkin' cool is that! And I was absolutely honored and thrilled when Sunha asked me to do her hair.

I love doing hair, I think it's great fun. It's another one of those creative outlets for me. I have no professional training, I don't really have lots of fancy tools or products, I just think it's fun doing hair.

One thing I have learned about trying to do any kind of hair is that you need lots of texture. I used to always get frustrated with my hair because I had the hardest time getting it to do fun things. And then over time, attempt after attempt, I figured out the more texture my  hair had the easier it was to style. That's pretty stinkin hard to do since my hair is super straight.

With Sunha, I added some curls for texture and then lots and lots of teasing and hair spray. Then I did a simple side braid and then pinned it up messy bun style.

This was tons and tons of fun for me. Before this event I told Sunha and her sister Sun, that if either of them needed their hair done to let me know. It's that much fun for me! So next time you need your hair done, hit me up! I love the practice!
 
Did you miss anything last week?  
Check out Last Week's Reads:
Frank's & Larry Crowne

Follow on Bloglovin

18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous hairstyle! And the photos are lovely.

    - Lix | A Classic Notion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lix! Love your shop and fine art photography!

      Delete
  2. That looks so good, Samantha! Even when I was working at a salon, updo's were the bane of my existence. I've come to appreciate them more now(and not run away in fear and tears at the thought of them) and really enjoy doing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Updo's can be so tricky, but they are great fun! Glad you're appreciating them more! I would love to see some of yours! :)

      Delete
  3. beautiful!! you are so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have two girls that would love Aunt Samantha to play/do their hair! Christmas activity for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just discovering your blog via Moons and Junes! and Im in love! Love virtually all of the items in your shop too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to be connecting! I love your blog banner!

      Delete
  6. 1. SO exciting! what a fun adventure
    2. you are so talented! come do my hair for my fundraising Gala ;)
    3. LOVE LOVE the new look. seriously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! If only I could fly all over the states doing hair!

      Delete
  7. you are so talented, samantha! this is so fun :) i love doing hair as well...cutting and styling. i just practice on anyone who's brave enough to let me ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! : ) Hair is so fun! You're braver then I am... I love cutting my own hair, but cutting someone else's hair! That's talent!

      Delete
  8. Great job! I absolutely suck at doing hair...I do the same 3 styles with my hair. I don't even know how to french braid! I feel like I missed a class growing up as a girl lol. You should come do my hair for my wedding next year! hahah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't really figure out hair until a couple years ago and then I was hooked! You just have to find someone who is willing to let you try crazy things on their hair and then you'll be good to go!

      Delete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...