September 4, 2013

Live Hope: Kiki of In It's Time

I am so very excited for what is starting today! I have been wanting to do a series like this for a while and I'm so glad I get to share it with you! Today kick's off the newest series, Live Hope. In this series you will get to sit down with wonderful ladies, learn a little bit about them, their blogs, their shops, and how they live out there faith. One of the goals of Elah Tree is to be a place to share in our faith together and lift one another up. I hope this series will be an encouragement to you and inspire you to Live Hope in your community.

Tell us a little bit about you and your blog?
First off, hi there! I'm Kiki and I blog over at In Its Time, a blog named Ecclesiastes 3:11 which says, "He has made everything beautiful in its time." My blog is first and foremost about Jesus, but also includes posts about my life, my teaching adventures, and my singleness journey—with a bunch of photos mixed in between!
11What inspired you to start your blog? 
Back before Pinterest existed (does that make me old?), my sister told me to start a blog to use as an online pinboard of sorts. It wasn't until this past year that I changed my blog from solely DIY projects to posts about my life and faith in Jesus Christ.

Who and what has encouraged you along your journey?
I know this is cliché for bloggers to say, but if it weren't for my blogging friends (readers, fellow bloggers, and the like), I wouldn't be the girl I am today. They not only teach me new things, but they pray for and encourage me as well.
3 How has your faith shaped this journey?
Faith is a stress reliever for me! I'm a natural worrywart, fearful of change, the unknown, and failure. Having Jesus in my life has not only changed how I view and deal with my fears, but it has also relieved a lot of stress and pressure that I put on myself, too.

What are ways that you live out/share you faith through your blog?
Some of my most life-changing posts have been my posts about singleness and how I'm learning to keep my dreams of marriage a desire and not an idol. It's tough stuff, but knowing that I'm not alone has really helped me in my blogging and everyday life.
1
What is one of your favorite things about your relationship with Jesus?
Cheesy as it is, I love knowing that Jesus will never break up with me or reject me. He knows me inside and out and yet He continues to love me. There are no requirements, no prerequisites, just love.

What encouraging words do you want to share with today's readers about living out their faith?
If there's anything I would say, it's that you're never alone. There are days when it seems like it, but know that Jesus is always by your side, a step in front of you, and behind you, ready to catch you if you fall.

Favorite inspirational book or blog?
Hmmm, there lots of books and blogs that I love! But I think my favorites would be Love Does by Bob Goff and Ashley Campbell's blog Under the Sycamore.

What is your awesome factor?
Ha! Good question. Honestly, I have no idea. Possibly my cheesy smile and Asian eyes? Humor and smarts are definitely not it, that's for sure!
4
Thank you so much Kiki, for sitting down with us today and sharing some of your heart. 
Stop by Kik's blog today and share some encouragement with her!

{photos via In It's Time}

Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. haha, I loved this honest interview! A cheesy grin is definitely an awesome thing!

    The Random Writings of Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel, thanks for stopping by! I would have to agree a cheesy grin is an awesome factor!

      Delete
  2. I almost forgot today was the 4th! I am so honored to be a part of it and cannot wait to see who else you're featuring! I do admit, it was a little weird to see my face on another blog, though. :)

    Thanks again for featuring me in this series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you kicked off this series! I loved how honest and heartfelt your answers were! :)

      Delete
  3. loved this! I love Kiki, she's a gem :)

    ReplyDelete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...