September 18, 2013

Live Hope: Eden of Apple Red Happiness

One of my very favorite people is joining us today. Eden, of Apple Red Happiness. Eden is so sweet and I love that I am able to stay connected with her through our blogs. Eden and I are related via the Husband and I think she is absolutely awesome!
Tell us a little bit about you and your blog?
Hey it's me, Eden again. I am a stay at home mom to three adorable little girls, Nora girl, the Cord, and Pip. I love Jesus, laughing, chocolate, my husband, cappuccinos, running, poppies, and of course my girls, in no particular order. We try to live a simple life in the middle of this grand country.  I founded the blog Apple Red Happiness, which is a gathering of tidbits of happiness that are happening in our life. We live far from most of our family so it is one way of sharing and remembering our fun stories from this crazy time in life.
What inspired you to start your blog?
I love taking pictures, and I snap away most every day, all day long. So now my littles are used to mom hovering over them and standing on furniture they aren't allowed to stand on so i can capture life from a neat perspective. I wanted a place to share our photos and the sweet sweet stories that make up our life. ARH is a wonderful creative outlet for me to knit together fun little stories, share God's beauty through my iPhone, (my only camera right now), and hopefully encourage others. The name comes from a song that my mother used to sing to me and now my girls ask for it every night before bed.

Who and what has encouraged you along your journey?
Levi, my best friend, my main man, my love, has been such a fun encouragement. I bounce my ideas and stories off of him, and I ask him to proof-read my posts, because I still write as I think and sometimes that turns into a huge run on sentence that I am not always aware and I don't always know how to change it -- see what I did there? Ha!  Also, my readers encourage me a lot by their comments and replies to my posts.  Sometimes I am stopped at church and told how much someone enjoys reading our stories, and that really means a lot to me.
How has your faith shaped this journey?
My faith is an essential part of who I am and why we do what we do, so naturally I hope that it comes through in my writing. I feel like ARH is a great place to share what God is doing in our life and what I am learning from Him.

What are ways that you live out/ share you faith through your blog?
Well, I write about it, and try to be straightforward, thinking that if someone were to be clicking through blogs and stop and read mine, that they might see a little glimpse of Jesus and know that he died for them too.
What is one of your favorite things about your relationship with Jesus?
Since becoming a mama, He has revealed his grace to me on a whole different level. I can grasp a little bit more of His unfailing love, I know how it feels to have your heart feel so full of happiness as you look at your loved ones, I find confidence in knowing that there is nothing my girls can do to stop me from loving them.  My days get crazy, and I still mess up, a LOT, so I completely relish in this period of grace, being overwhelmed by His, and dousing my girls with mine. And right now, when my days are long, and sleep is precious, I know he is just pouring on buckets of grace to give me endurance and joy.


What encouraging words to you want to share with today's readers about living out their faith.
Everyone has their own ways of living, and we can so easily get caught up in comparing ourselves to everyone else's pinterest boards, or blogs. So if you find that you are pitying yourself, turn off the computer, put away your phone, and try to look for God in your "mundane" life. He really loves it, and He will wow you with His omnipresence.  Also, when you feel prompted, act. Someone once shared with me that in order for Jesus to guide you, you have to be moving.

Favorite Inspirational book or blog?
Joy Prouty of Wildflowers Photography, wife of Donny, and mom of 4 sold a lot of their possessions and their house, in order to simplify. Her instagram feed is breathtaking, and her love for the Lord emanates the words of her blog. Also, another blog I love to get recipes from and inspiration to be outside is Sheena Jibson's The Little Red House. She encourages her readers to explore nature, eat healthy and yummy things, and she takes amazing photos as well!

What is your awesome factor?
Ha! What makes me awesome? Boy, this question stumped me. Not in some false modesty kind of way, but in that I like a lot of things about myself, but what stands out as just awesome? I like my love for laughing, my family, my easy going nature,my dorkiness, all those things. But what I feel is specifically my awesome factor is that I am really good at folding, you know, clothes. I find it cathartic, making neat piles of shirts, pants, underpants, and towels (I LOVE folding towels!!). Whenever I am stressed or frustrated, I crank up some sort of folksy music and fold till there is nothing left to fold. It helps me out and it makes my family's clothes nice too! So, if you need help folding or just hate it, just call me! I like to be paid in coffee and scintillating conversation.
Thank you so much for joining us today and sharing your heart with us! Make sure to stop by Eden's blog and taken in the awesomeness!

{photos via Eden Greer}
Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. It's nice to get to know your relative Samantha :) and what a beautiful & uplifting post Eden. Thank you for your words of encouragement xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Mia! I love getting to hear everyone's story. I'll looking forward to when you join us for the series! :)

      Delete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...