August 26, 2013

Life this Weekend: Nickelodeon Family Fun Day

Every year Nickelodeon has a family fun day. It's basically a family event, with food, games, live entertainment, and lots and lots of water guns. This year was super fun because our friends Sarah and Erin joined us.

I'm usually most excited about the food. I'm that way with most events, "will there be food?" Yes, okay, I'll go. And at these event there is always really really good food!
Every one receives water guns as they enter and there are "fill" stations set up everywhere. If you go to this event, you know you'll be shot with water guns... constantly, none-stop, and from every direction. I think it's a ploy to try to keep people cooled off, because the event is always outside.
Last year's live entertainment was hula dancers. This year they had this super crazy fire eater! Husband got this great shot, I was occupied with my pile of food.
We ended the afternoon playing Giant Jenga and we were joined by Dennis and Serena. Have you every played Giant Jenga? I think it's currently sweeping the states. 
One thing that we didn't document was the 45 minutes that Erin and I stood in line, waiting to have our hair done up all crazy like. There were these crazy wacky hair stations, where they would basically do whatever you wanted done to your hair, including making it huge and spiked up. I really wanted a huge beehive on my head. Unfortunately, we gave up because the wait was too long.  

How was your weekend?
 Don't forget to play some giant Jenga!

Did you miss anything last week?  
Check out Last Week's Reads:
Life this Weekend: Tending Poison Ivy
Headed to the beach this weekend with our LIFE Group. 

Be on the Look out for:
The Shop: Simple Women's Wallet. DIY: Film Reel Decor. Beyond Ourselves: Compassion International.

Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. A life size Jenga?!?! So cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun--I've always wanted to try giant Jenga! Does it hurt when the stack topples over? C keeps telling me he won't make me one because of liability issues ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He should totally make one! I'm sure it would hurt if it fell on you, but there was a general consensus to move out of the way when it started to topple over.

      Delete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...