August 14, 2013

DIY: Chicken Wire Frames

Two weekends ago Husband and I rearranged our living room. Rearranging our living room meant moving around some frames. In our wedding we used these wood frames as a part of our photo booth and decorations. I have had them hanging in out living room empty for over a year thinking I would do something with them. So when we were moving things around, Husband suggested putting some chicken wire in them and I was absolutely on board. I had been wanting something to display some old photos and this was it. 
This project was super easy. All you need is chicken wire, a staple gun, wire cutters, and a flat head screw driver.
1.) We laid the chicken wire over the frames and cut it to our specifications. 2.) Husband stapled the wire to the inside of the frame.
3.) Husband cut the excess wire. 4.) We bent down the extra wire over the staples with the flat head screw driver. (This adds extra structure and ensures the chicken wire won't slip out of the staples.) 5.) Husband stapled the remaining wire. Easy peazy!
I filled the frames with old baby pictures of Husband! They are my favorite. Hopefully when we venture to Joplin over Christmas I'll bring home baby pictures of me and add them to our frames.
Husband and I really enjoy items that are vintage inspired and a little rustic, so these fit perfectly in out little home.

What do you have laying around you house that you could turn into something new? 

Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. Samantha, I found your blog through Kenzie! I love these frames! I'm definitely going to try to make them for my kitchen! Thanks for sharing! Kristin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristin! I'm so glad you stopped by! I hope you enjoy making your frames, I would love to see how they turn out!

      Delete
  2. These are really cute! Unfortunately I don't have a staple gun. Would you have an alternative? :) I also love rustic items x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A glue gun might work, might be a little tricky, but it's worth a try. :)

      Delete

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...