July 10, 2013

Favorite Summer Foods: Tuna Salad, Grape Tomatoes, & Cheddar

Growing up Tuna Salad was an absolute summer must. Every summer my mom would make it, it's as though it ushered in summer.
One of my favorite things about Tuna Salad is that it can be varied in so many ways. Growing up my mom would always put onion in it. I never really liked the onions so when it was finally my turn to make it I started using celery. I love the crisp crunch of celery.  I really enjoy putting cheddar on mine and Husband really enjoys provolone.

Tuna Salad - serves 4

2 cans of tuna
4 hard boiled eggs diced
1 celery stalk diced
1/3 cup diced pickles
2 Tbsp mayo
2 Tbsp mustard
1/2 tsp Season Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
1/4 tsp Onion powder
1/4 tsp Garlic powder
grape tomatoes (optional)
Cheese of choice

In a large mixing bowl add tuna, season salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, mayo, mustard, celery, and pickles, mix well. Once mixed well add diced eggs and mix together. Serve on whole wheat bread with your favorite cheese and top with grape tomatoes.
Enjoy with a large glass of tea!

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...