June 26, 2013

Favorite Summer Foods: No Bake Cookies

Summer is here. Summer has certain feelings, smells, and sounds, and they all echo the lovelyness of summer. It's like putting on a record; time slows down just a little and sounds are sweeter. There is just something about Summer. And let's not forget about all the scrumptious summer food. One of the things you should know about me is that I love food and I love to eat.

With Summer here I wanted to share some of my favorite Summer foods. I'm not a fancy chef of any kind, I gravitate towards recipes that are simple, but I say if it taste good it's worth sharing.
No Bake Cookies - adapted from Here

3/4 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Brown Sugar 
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon 
1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 cup milk
1/4 stick of butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 cups quick oatmeal

In a sauce pan melt butter then mix Sugar, Brown Sugar, Cocoa, Milk, and Cinnamon. Heat to boiling on medium heat, then remove from heat and let it cool for 1 minute. Next, add vanilla extract, peanut butter, and oatmeal. Mix well and drop on to wax paper to cool.
Enjoy! What are your favorite summer foods?

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...