March 28, 2013

Salmon Kabobs

 photo Blog4-1.jpg
Husband and I eat fish about once a week, salmon to be specific. Why salmon, you might be asking yourself. One main reason, it’s easy; I feel like for the most part I can’t mess it up. Lately I have been searching for different salmon receipts and I found one here. A couple reasons why I liked this receipt; it looked easy and didn’t have a ridiculous amount of ingredients.

Usually when I find receipts, I don't follow them word for word. I like to just dive in with whatever ingredients I have on hand and hope for the best. Most receipts I try I've never had before, so if I change them I won't ever know if is better or worst then the original.
 photo Blog2-1.jpg
 Here is my version of the "how to."

Ingredients:
Salmon, cut into 1.5 inch pieces
15 cherry tomatoes
½ large green pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
½ onion cut into 1 inch pieces
5 wooden skewers

Marinade:
2 Tbs of olive oil
1 tsp of each; cayenne pepper, salt, basil
1 tsp minced garlic
1 Tbs brown sugar

Preparation:
1. Preheat broiler
2. In a large mixing bowl add all the items for the marinade, mix well.
3. Add the salmon to the bowl with marinade, coat well.
4. Thread the salmon, tomatoes, green peppers, and onions onto each of the skewers. ( I basically packed as much on one skewer as possible)
5. Place the skewers on your grill plate and coat the skewers with the remaining marinade.
6. Cook kabobs for 3 minutes and then turn over and cook an additional 3 minutes.
 photo Blog.jpg
I really enjoy making kabobs, because they are always so pretty, taste amazing, and they are super healthy for you.
 photo Blog5-1.jpg

 photo Blog3-1.jpg
It was delicious and a big hit with the Husband! I’m looking forward to making it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...