March 19, 2013

Let the Adventures Begin!

Hi! It’s been so long since we last chatted and I have not done a so great job on updating you on well … the last year of my life. To catch you up to speed, let’s start with my wedding. I got married last May to my best friend. I feel like everyone says that, “best friend,” but it’s true. I desperately want to start gushing about all the details of my wedding, but I’ll save that for another post.

After my outdoor Missouri wedding and super epic Branson Honeymoon, oh yes, you read that right, “Missouri wedding and Branson Honeymoon,” (I’m a mid-west girl through and through) Husband and I packed up our U-haul and made our trek toward the west. We traveled 1,544 miles to our current home, Glendale CA. I had never seen the place where Husband was moving us to and to be honest the crying started on the road trip and didn’t stop until November. I cried a lot. Not because I was unhappy, I just had a lot to process. New home, new (to me) car, everything was new and different, completely different from what this mid-west girl was used to. Would you like to know what the hardest part was? Aside from missing all of my friends and family, DRIVING was the worst. The pace of traffic, the amount of traffic, the pedestrian traffic, and that feeling, that feeling that everyone around me wanted to run me over. Okay, not literally, but they do like to hunk, a lot. Driving is still hard for me and it’s been 10 months.

Fast forward 6 weeks from arriving and I had started my new job. I was starting at a Non-For Profit as a program assistant, and as one of the ladies on my team said, “You hit the ground running,” and I sure did. Husband and I were both working full time and learning to do life together. We were making lots of great memories and Husband was doing a really great job at making things fun, because well, I was struggling and he did everything he could to make things easier for me.

Christmas came and Husband and I were going home for the holidays. I was so excited. Two full weeks of family, friends, good food, and all in our “old stomping grounds.” Husband and I came back in January and I had decided to reduce my hours at work to 35 hours a week instead of 40. We had set new goals and thought it would be helpful to be working less.

In February Husband took me to an Art Gallery opening and that is where my upcoming journey started to transpire.

So here we are today, and I have BIG NEWS. After lots of prayer and mustering lots of faith and courage I decided to quite my day job. My last day is this Friday. It was a hard decision to make and I cried about it a lot. I was really scared and doubt just kept creeping in. But when I put all my faith in God, I knew that by trusting him, he would make the impossible happen and I had peace about my decision. I knew that If I stepped out in faith God would show up in a big way.

Back to the Art Gallery; I was inspired. So many great pieces of art and all I could say to Husband was, “there just lines, it’s all just lines,” which in my head translated, “You can do this.” Obviously, not at all as well as the artists there, but it inspired me to pursue my own creative dreams. It’s as though God lit a fire inside me.

So starting Monday, I will be creating. Husband is going to teach me how to draw and I have a friend who is going to teach me how to paint. To add to that I will be sewing lots of pretty things and starting an Etsy Shop. I hope you decide to join me on this creative adventure. I will be trying to document my creative process here every day, sharing with you my current projects. There might be a few laughs when you see my sketches or paintings because I’m literally starting from scratch, but I’m super excited about it. : )

Please share with me your creative dreams and projects! Lets adventure together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

**I love reading all your sweet comments and love getting to know every single one of you. I do my best to respond to every comment and will do so via email. If you don't receive a response, you may be a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...